|November 11, 2013 - December 11, 2013|
|Location:||San Antonio, TX|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||HealthTexas Medical Group is a midsize organization with 15 locations in the San Antonio area. We are recognized as a Best Places to Work and Top Places to Work company with many of our physicians awarded Best Doctors in America.|
We are currently looking for an experienced (1-3yrs post-extern), hardworking Medical Assistant for a full-time clinical position.
Must have excellent customer service and computer proficiency (EMR experience preferred).
Spanish speaking skills a plus.
|Duties:||1. Follows all HealthTexas medical Group policies and procedures to include but not limited to human resources, clinic, and administrative, HIPPA and compliance.|
2. Performs general patient care. Administers treatments in accordance with quality standards.
3. Prepares equipment and supplies to assist medical provider in the treatment, examination, and testing of patients. Performs or assists with procedures including, but not limited to, injections, EKGs, Holter monitors, stress tests, casting, cast removal, suturing, and phlebotomy.
4. Greets patients and obtains patient history and vital signs. Prepares patients for physical exam. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
5. Oversees appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations.
6. Maintains timely flow of patients.
7. Makes arrangements for patient testing and admissions.
8. Updates patient care plan under direction of medical provider. Orders, prepares, and inspects patient charts. Documents tests and examination results according to HealthTexas, HIPPA and compliance policies and procedures. reviews patient tests and examination results with medical provider; documents instructions according to HealthTexas, HIPPA and compliance polices and procedures.
9. Performs other tasks and related work as required.
|Qualifications:||High school diploma or GED. 1 year previous physician office experience preferred. |
Current CPR Certification. Knowledge of ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding and managed care contracts
Must be a non tobacco user.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.