Certified Medical Assistant/ Float
|January 07, 2014 - February 28, 2014|
|Location:||San Antonio, TX|
|Salary Range:||$13.00 - $14.00|
|Benefits:||100% paid medical, vision, life insurance and Long Term Disability benefits after 90 days|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Elite Star Team|
|Description:||Come work for the "Best Doctors in America"
We are currently looking for experienced (1-3yrs post-extern), Talented MAs for our Clinic Relief Team. This position will cover in either MA or MR position as needed at various clinic locations. Must have excellent customer service and computer proficiency (EMR experience preferred).
|Duties:||1. Follows all HealthTexas medical Group policies and procedures to include but not limited to human resources, clinic, and administrative, HIPAA and compliance.
2. Performs general patient care. Administers treatments in accordance with quality standards.
3. Prepares equipment and supplies to assist medical provider in the treatment, examination, and testing of patients. Performs or assists with procedures including, but not limited to, injections, EKGs, Holter monitors, stress tests, casting, cast removal, suturing, and phlebotomy.
4. Greets patients and obtains patient history and vital signs. Prepares patients for physical exam. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
5. Oversees appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations.
6. Maintains timely flow of patients.
7. Makes arrangements for patient testing and admissions.
8. Updates patient care plan under direction of medical provider. Orders, prepares, and inspects patient charts. Documents tests and examination results according to HealthTexas, HIPAA and compliance policies and procedures. reviews patient tests and examination results with medical provider; documents instructions according to HealthTexas, HIPAA and compliance polices and procedures.
9. Performs other tasks and related work as required.
|Qualifications:||High school diploma or GED.
Must be a Certified Medical Assistant
EMR experience a plus.
Reliable transportation needed
Flexibility to travel to and from one location to another within one day and within the work week.
2 years previous physician office experience required.
Current CPR Certification.
Knowledge of ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding and managed care contracts.
Spanish speaking abilities highly important.
HealthTexas is a smoke-free organization|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.